A&E's Pride and Prejudice might have just been bumped down a notch on my list of favorite movies. Last Saturday night Jon and I were looking for a movie to watch online (our computer is hooked up to our TV so please don't picture Jon and me huddled around our computer watching our version of TV :) ). I was in the mood for a period drama (when am I not?) and came across a four-part adaptation of Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South from the BBC. I remembered a friend in England recommending it to me (well done, Jo!). We only had time for episode 1, and I could hardly wait until Monday to watch the other 3 episodes. If you haven't seen it yet, make haste and WATCH IT!
I often enjoy the book much more than the movie version, so imagine my excitement in reading the book. I hope to read it quickly (I'm choosing it for our next book club book), but I have been rather busy watching the movie over and over (and over?)!
Here's a great review of the book and movie--read this after you watch the movie (there are a few spoilers and her comments about Mr. Thornton will bring a smile to your face.)
Enjoy!
5 comments:
Ooooooooo, I am definitely going to check this one out. Already ordered it on my Netflix. :) If you are ranking it up there with P&P and maybe even better, then I know it's gonna be good!
So funny about the swim lessons. I know exactly the type of parents you are talking about. The ones who are dressed for the prom at the park and talk to each other about the 5 million lessons their 3 year old is in. It's all good, I just take my unpainted nails and dig them in the sand with my boys. :)
OOooooo!!! It was so good! I just watched all 4 parts and it's 1am. I'll hate myself tomorrow but LOVED it all. Thanks for the great links and suggestion!
Yummy! I am so in need of a good "reality break"! Can't wait to see it! Thanks for the heads up!
Loved it, loved it, loved it! I can't wait to read the book. Thank you for the suggestion. Are there others that you suggest besides Jane Austen?
Sara,
Your blog is amazing. I haven't read it in a really long time and I spent almost an hour and 1/2 catching up. How very cool.
I miss all of my Chicago friends who now see to be be California Friends.
Rashell Coleman
Post a Comment