Sunday, September 2, 2007

One More Trip!

We were able to fit in one more trip! To fully appreciate this blog entry "Bath" must be said with a British accent--Emily reminds us if we slip and say it with an American accent! It enhances the experience. :)

Bath is a must-see city in England and I would love to go back and explore more of the city (sans kids and sans contractions). It's a beautiful city known for its hot springs and many historic buildings. We drove around the town, toured the Roman and Medieval baths and enjoyed the street entertainers in the town center.

Em and Ray were entertained by the kid audio tour and scavenger hunt game. Hannah was not amused in the backpack, but liked running around when she was let loose.

500-year old beautiful, huge Gothic church

Hannah and Em catching up on some zzzz's and Ray catching up on some reading after leaving Bath.

Our next stop was Wookey Hole Caves--a very cool cave with a river and a 50,000 year history of cave dwellers. Nowadays it houses aging cheddar (with quite the aroma) and a few bats.

Visiting the King Kong and Dinosaur Park outside the caves. We weren't quite sure of the King Kong connection to the caves, but it made for a fun climbing area for the girls. Maybe King Kong fossils were found in the area next to the dinosaur fossils????

Ray and Emi as Neanderthals

There were several kids' play areas that the kids (and Jon) enjoyed. One of their favorites was the Pirate Zap Zone. Em and Jon had some pretty fun ball fights. Ray and Hannah liked having their balls sucked up in the cannons and tubes.

We ended in a cool mirror maze. Poor Hannah kept chasing after us and running into the mirror walls! It wasn't nice to laugh, but it was funny! She learned to walk through the maze holding hands with someone.

All in all a fun trip. The drive was 'lovely'--tight country roads, ancient houses right next to the roads, sheep and cows in beautiful English fields. I love driving through England and feel like such a city girl being amazed at the country sites.

Do you think we can squeeze in one more trip before the baby comes????

4 comments:

Carole said...

I still can't believe my friends are driving around England and taking it all in!! I am so impressed (seriously). Miss you guys!! Is Ray reading the "fairy" books? Emily wanted to know-- she thought she recognized it from the picture.

Heather said...

Bath (saying with a British accent) looks like a beautiful city. Wish I could be there with you guys!

Natalie said...

Oh my Sara....I can't believe you're doing all this at the end of your pregnancy! What a Woman!! I guess I'd try to be fitting it all in too, if I had a chance to live in Europe for a little while.

Love the pics and updates!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing trips you are taking in! And a great job documenting them too = )

I love your blog and seeing what you are up to! All we have to post here in Gurnee is the enormous water park/hotel being built!

Your girls are already bigger; and I love that Emily reads like an old pro! Awesome!

Can't wait to see the blog with pics of the new Hamilton Baby = )

... Chris Z