Monday, August 18, 2008

No More Hacking

We are online! The first thing Jon did when we got back from our trip (post coming soon) was set up the modem. Yeah! I think I've been patient, but wow! I missed having the internet. I traveled back in time to the era when we didn't use the internet to live. I'm so glad the world has progressed--the internet is good!
I did make up quite the list of things to blog about, though, during my Dark Ages days. Here are a few things I've thought about since my last post (a month ago!):
1. Living on a budget: It's been awhile since we were on a budget. I love a good challenge and this is a good challenge for me--moving to a new house and prioritizing my list of wants (I'll share my list later).
2. Life without TV (see #1): So far, I love it! We're so busy with unpacking and enjoying the nice weather that there's no time for TV. We have a decent collection of movies when we're ready for some downtime, but it's been awhile since my last good read--I'm looking forward to cramming in some long nights of reading to catch up once the boxes are gone.
3. Moving around and living in different areas: I won't blog about this one--I have way too many opinions about it. I will say that I am glad to have had the experience of meeting so many different people. For me, it's been a good way to learn about others and open my eyes to different ways of life, opinions, cultures, politics, etc.
4. Looking for a new hobby: I get excited about doing things for other people--anonymity being the goal, but I'll do some posts on my journey to improve my little world. Here's a great article with some good links on ways to help others with little effort.
5. Family: Having just gotten back from a 10-day trip in Utah, this might be a rather lengthy post. I loved being with my family and had a fabulous time being with my mom, sister, sisters-in-law and brothers. I enjoyed seeing my brothers as fathers and husbands and to hear about their goals and how they have set up their lives with their families.
6. Friends: I know I already did a post on friends, but I love my friends!
7. Emily's baptism: Lots of thoughts on this one. It was nice taking a break from our busy summer and focusing on something important and of worth. I was excited for her as I watched her go through a process in preparation for her baptism. I'm surprised that I have already felt a difference in my relationship towards her.
We'll see how many of these actually make it to the blog as a full post, but there's a brief summary of what's on my mind when I'm not thinking about my house full of boxes.

4 comments:

Natalie J said...

Sorry we missed you in UT. I am glad you have the internet again. I should take some time away from it, but it is way too convenient.

Carole said...

Hello! glad to see that you are now paying for the internet you love so much :) We were so glad to see you here in Utah-- it's like we just left each other yesterday.

Natalie said...

I've been out of blogging land for a bit too. Moving is just so hectic and tiresome. Lets see if we can both make it back to normalcy soon.

Crysta said...

It was so great to see you and the Hollingers. Thanks for letting us come. If it was just me, I would follow you guys wherever you live! I miss you :)