Sunday, July 20, 2008

We're In!

We are finally in our house. Two of our loads showed up on Thursday--one a surprise. The day was crazy with me directing 5 movers and trying to take care of Lizzie (who had a fever) and keep the others out of the way.
This list of complaints will show you the mood I'm in: (Maybe someday my first response will be one of instant gratitude and happiness, but not today.)
-Broken things (so far--bookcase, entertainment center, clock, baby monitor, credenza and COMPUTER!!!!! You might be wondering: If I don't have a computer, then how am I doing this post? All I can say is thank goodness for work laptops and unsecured internet lines.)
-Trying to figure out how to work things in a new house (I LOVE my house, but everything comes with a thick owner's manual--even the bathrooms!!) And our phones don't work in this house!
-Boxes packed by those not thinking about the person who is unpacking it. Why are my pots and pans in the bathroom box?
-4 children who complain about being ignored and not fed
-Looking for toilet paper at 2 am

3 comments:

Carole said...

I KNOW it's sunday here... how are you then posting for Monday already? Maybe that's something to be concerned about... you've worked yourself so long and so hard you are now a day ahead of everyone else :)

We are so glad you are in and getting furniture one truck load at a time... I'm SO sorry that somethings are broken-- not an ideal way to unpack!! I know!!
Give me a call when you have a chance-- LOVE YOU!! Welcome to CALIFORNIA!!!

Natalie J said...

Wow, I am surprised that there are so many things broken. They pay to fix/replace them right?

I was wondering the same thing about your post date...

Sarah said...

we're glad you made it back safely! i LOVE the bay area, and especially santa clara/san jose, so we will definitely come visit you whether you want us to or not :).