Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Memory Loss

Yesterday a newspaper had a story about new moms' memory loss. It caught my attention because I am often frustrated by how much I forget when others seem to remember (mainly Jon and Emily retain much more than I do). Thankfully, the article did say we don't get dumber, our brains are just getting a workout like sleep-deprived medical residents. A neuropyschiatrist said, "You are learning a lot. Once your mommy brain gets readjusted, you get more efficient and you become smarter and learn things faster, but it won't happen all at once."
My question is how long do I give my brain to readjust?

3 comments:

Carole said...

who are you? why am I reading your blog? oh... yeah I remember now :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I had to read that quote like seven times. I think that's more than memory loss!

Hammy said...

What a great article. I'm glad you linked it for us. It is nice to know I'm not really crazy. Hee hee.