Sunday, March 2, 2008

Again?

In preparation for Relief Society's birthday celebration, I borrowed some ideas from a website that based the activity around purses (a "purse"onal invitation, a purse game, purse decorations, our life is like a purse full of important/not important things, etc.). After sharing the idea with the Enrichment leader, I made 50 (cute) purse invitations and 2 big purse posters. I was feeling good that the evening had an easy theme to work with and it was going to be fun!
I ended up being in Nursery today, so I gave everything to the Enrichment leader. She hung up the posters and handed out the invitations. Remember what happened last time I made an effort to have something catchy for the meeting? Well, I have done it again. I have continued my theme of "it's not really funny or cute to anyone but me!" After church I found out that they're not called purses!!! They're called handbags!!! So, today I just gave everyone her own personal handbag invitation (that said, "Bring your purse for a game!") that probably confused the heck out of everyone and sounded a bit odd!
What could I possibly do for June's Enrichment meeting to keep the theme going?!?

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's so funny! I bet they just think you're a cute american.

J + A Humphreys said...

You know how there was a long stint of mormon movies made...Church Ball, The Hometeachers, etc. Well, maybe we should make one titled, "Enrichment Gone Bad"..what do you think? Loved that story. I thought the idea was way cute. :)

Carole said...

Totally play up your "american" ways... after all it'll be your last meeting you plan right? You crack me up and have me laughing WITH you-- never EVER at you!! (and after giving everyone in my R.S. a hard time about not coming to MY activities (park and book club) I can now not go to our R.S. enrichment/birthday--WAY to go ME!!)

Anonymous said...

I am very much a lurker and never comment on blogs and forums, but this time I had to. (Obviously I'm playing catch up on your entries!) Anyway, I have had my fair share of Enrichments gone bad as Enrichment leader and then, more recently, as Enrichment counselor. But unfortunately, none of them were ever humorous stories like yours. I couldn't seem to do anything right - either the sisters didn't like it, or the presidency thought it was a bad idea. Interestingly, the two groups never seemed to agree! :) Our ward did the "purse-onal" enrichment party too, and it was very cute. But I can see the prerequisite of knowing what purses are in order to make it work! Good luck with June! I'm so glad I don't have to worry about it anymore. I have moved on to cub scouts. Much easier! Boys are so much easier to please than women!