Monday, April 14, 2008

Things That Make Me Chuckle #2

Jon and I drove over an hour (mostly on motorways) to get to the temple last Friday. We didn't eat before we left with the thought that we would find a place on our way. I'm not quite sure why we thought that--we know better! Old habits die hard I guess. We did find a place after an hour--a small petrol station. As we ate our plastic-wrapped white bread sandwiches in the car, I looked at Jon, he looked at me and we just had to laugh. We miss American fast food!

5 comments:

Carole said...

It's funny-- we would pass about 15 places to just "pick something up" and a few more that we could actually sit down and enjoy and the temple's only 30 minutes away. What's a motorway?

Hammy said...

Sadly, even with all the fast food around here, we've spent many post temple evenings hungrily searching for something decent and open before we pick up the kids.

Natalie said...

thats too funny. I remember those plastic wrapped sandwiches all over London. I liked the ones at Pret A' Manger (or however you spell that place).

Hammy said...

I was going to comment on your more recent posts, but it wouldn't let me. Are you trying to block us out?! Anyway, cute socks and especially cute little Hannah. Give her a big hug from me.

Carole said...

LOVE the socks! I couldn't comment on your other post. Hannah and Sam... it's written in the stars! Jus think of how well their kids would be dressed!!