10. Mr. Knightley and Emma Woodhouse from Emma (Emma: Now I need not call you Mr. Knightley. I may
call you *my* Mr. Knightley.)9. Jim and Pam from The Office (Did you see the one where Jim's comments help Pam's dad decide what to do about his marriage? Sigh.)
8. Jack and Lucy from While You Were Sleeping
7. Edward and Elinor from Sense and Sensibility (Edward: My heart is, and always will be, yours.)6. Westley and Buttercup from Princess Bride (Westley: Hear this now: I will always come for you.
Buttercup: But how can you be sure?
Westley: This is true love - you think this happens every day?)

5. Edward and Bella from Twilight (Edward: I've been waiting a century to marry you, Miss Swan.)
4. Romeo and Juliet (This story teaches us that a lot can happen in 3 days.)
3. Gilbert and Anne from Anne of Green Gables (Ahh, patient Gilbert)

2. Mr. Rochester and Jane from Jane Eyre (It surprised me how many people voted for this one because I find this story too sad.)

1. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth (Yeah!)
Here's my list:
10. Still open
9. Wall-e and Eve
8. Westley and Buttercup7. Edward and Fanny (Mansfield Park)

6. Jim and Pam
5. Henry and Clare (The Time Traveler's Wife)
4. Anne and Gilbert
3. Knightley and Emma
2. Elinor and Edward
1. Darcy and Elizabeth
And, here are some of my favorite answers mostly because they made me chuckle: (Comments belong to the person who submitted the great answer.)
10. Lois Lane and Superman
9. The Bionic Man and Bionic Woman--now this just makes sense--who else would they go out with?
8. Mr. and Mrs. Incredible
7. Demetri and Anastasia-(Disney version) His hair is great. She is nice and sassy. What more can you ask for?
6. GI Joe and Barbie--Technically not a television, movie or book couple, but you can't tell me they weren't crazy for each other.
5. Troy and Gabriella from High School Musical--I only know about this couple because of my kids, but who can blame them . . . that Troy is a dreamboat. (This answer is even funnier when you know it came from a guy!)
4. Mickey and Minnie Mouse -If she can love him despite those red button pants they are destined to be together forever!
3. Homer and Marge Simpson--the quintessential couple. A perfect combination of idiocy and patience. (Actually, I like this answer because now I have the word 'quintessential' on my blog!)
2. The Professor and Mary Ann from Giligans Island--You cannot deny their chemistry.
1. Han Solo and Princess Leia--Is there even a question of why they are #1 (And yet, they still didn't win, Craig!)
And thanks to Rachel for pulling the winner of the movie The Notebook! Craig's our winner. He needed to win something because none of his couples made it to the top ten list! That happens when you vote for couples like King Kong and Fay Ray. :)
Thanks for playing everyone. That was fun!
4 comments:
Sara Hamilton, speaking of love, I think I'm in love with you! I'm sooo excited to see you guys in July. That game was FUN!
Thank you for this post... it was SO fun!!
A couple for your #10 - Cliff & Clair Huxtable
Thanks Sara. Had a fun time going over these with Craig. He thinks the contest was rigged and that he got the sympathy win. I assured him that you would NEVER rig a contest and that Rachel picked your name out of the bunch fair and square!
Post a Comment