Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Things that make me...

Here's just a random list to show how I'm feeling (which is all over the place lately!):

Things that make me laugh: Rachel thought the song "Little Purple Pansies" was really "Little Purple Panties". Now the girls crack up as they sing it for our Family Home Evening opening song. They don't even really know the tune, they just like to sing very loudly "Little purple panties."

Things that make me sad: I'm showing signs of carpal tunnel syndrome (burning and tingling in my hands, weakened grip strength and periodic numbness throughout the day). Random and unwelcome.

Things that make me lonely: Jon traveling.

Things that make me excited: Getting things ready for preschool next year. I dream about activities I am going to do with the kids. Who knew that you could get so excited about letter games?!

Things that make me tired: Lizzie, not sleeping through the night, housework and trying to keep up with, well, everything!

Things that make me happy: Listening to the girls play happily together.

Things that frustrate me: Listening to the girls be unkind to each other. To help with that we dubbed this week 'Nice Week' where we leave kind notes to each other and play games with each other. Their favorite so far is similar to the Baby Shower pin game. I clip clothespins on the girls after school and whenever they hear someone saying something unkind they can take a pin from that person. So far, I'm winning.

Things that make me laugh: The other favorite game we played this week is Sticker Tag. I set the timer for 5 minutes and then with a sheet of stickers we run around trying to tag each other with stickers. Timer goes off and then we count how many stickers we have on us. We played it before bed time and they went to bed really well that night!

Things that make me feel old: Thinking about my list of things to do compared to the girls' list of things to do.

Things that make me feel younger: Jumping on the trampoline with the girls at night. There's something about being out at night--like we've all snuck out of the house--maybe because everyone is inside being quiet and we're outside being pretty loud.

4 comments:

Carole said...

I love you (and miss you even more)!

Alison Spencer said...

I think my favorite part is that you're winning the at the nice game. Way to go.

J + A Humphreys said...

Oh how I wish that James could come to your preschool class! Are you putting together your own curriculum? I need to get a lesson manual or something. I've been using the ideas and sites you sent me a while back and they are great. I just looked at some preschool prices for Cali and dang! They aren't cheap. I am with you on the traveling bit...I hate it when Justin is gone. I also get the carpal tunnel signs here and there. I bought a little brace at Target that I wear at night when I sleep and it really helps. I'm with Carole...Justin calls you my 'mom mentor' because you do such a great job!

Crysta said...

I miss you Sara! You are such a fun and creative mom :)