Friday, March 20, 2009

What a great day!












On Saturday we enjoyed a lovely day of enjoying the wonders of California. We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge to a forest that has huge, 1,000 year old redwoods. I love being in relaxed settings like this with the girls. It's peaceful, it's interesting, we learn a few things about trees and plants and animals. Rachel was even taking studious notes while we listened to a park ranger talk about the root infrastructure of redwoods!
Being outside means happy kids. We did have one sad occurence: a very loved stuffed animal made it into the forest but unfortunately did not leave with us. Licorice the Cat decided she was happiest in a nature setting and went for a river run. We'll miss you Licorice, but your replacement arrived a few days ago.
When we left the forest we were satisfied and thought we were done for the day. One minute on the road to home we saw a sign for a beach. What a great way to end our lovely day! We weren't prepared to go to the beach, but not much is needed, right? Just let the kids loose and they discover all kinds of things to do. There was a great hill to climb with great views, a horse out for a stroll and tons of entertaining dogs to watch. Another perfect day in sunny California. A person could really get used to this! :)

5 comments:

Geneve said...

I didn't realize you lived far enough north to be close to the Golden Gate Bridge. The Bay Area is beautiful, isn't it.

Crysta said...

I love the Redwoods. What a fun day. The older I get, I can see why people move to to California.

Hammy said...

Sounds wonderful. I think the Redwood forests are just amazing. And who doesn't love the beach?

btw, I can't believe how blonde Lizzie is! It makes me sad that it has been almost a whole year since we've seen you guys.

Carole said...

I love Hannah's smile in the picture with you and all the girls. What a GREAT family day-- what a way to rejuvenate.

Natalie said...

Awe, I miss Cali. We need to take a vacation out there someday soon. Looks like you're all happy and well!

This is totally off topic, but our new bishop of our ward knows your husband! small world.