Here is what I now know: (It seems that because of my kids' curiosity I've learned a lot!)
~Rubbing alcohol and hairspray take dry erase marker off walls, doors, and baseboards pretty easily. It also takes off paint pretty easily, too. Emily and Lizzie now get to choose a new paint color for their room. Emily's thinking blue. Lizzie says pink. (I'm not sure Lizzie will get much say seeing that she created this dilemma.)
~Baby wipes take dry erase marker off cribs and beds, but not off of skin.
~Murphy's Oil Soap takes most of dry erase marker out of clothes. Ironically, Lizzie was wearing this shirt. Maybe this isn't quite the shirt for her?
I tend to stay pretty calm during "moments" such as these. Lizzie kept asking, "Mommy sad?" while I was scrubbing away. I simply replied, "Yes, Mommy's very sad." Then with a smile she'd say, "Sorry, Mommy."I tried 2 more times to put Lizzie to bed. After hearing noises I checked on her to make sure she hadn't found any more markers. The first time she was in her closet, with the doors closed trying on shoes and the next time she was doing somersaults on her floor. What am I going to do??? She usually takes 3 hour naps! It's such a wonderful thing and I'm not ready to give them up. So, after picking up Rachel from school I tried one more time and told her to stay. The look on my face was enough I guess because she napped until the next teasing match woke her up.
What did you learn today?
2 comments:
I learned (the hard way) that Sam likes to dig holes in the backyard then cover them with leaves or grass-- holes just big enough to catch your foot and twist your ankles :) Also-- that despite NUMEROUS attempts at getting Emily to TAKE THE CHAPSTICK OUT of her pockets, it's just NEVER going to happen and nothing that I have tried gets out chapstick oil stains. We love you guys and perfectly understand why we haven't heard too much from the Hamilton's lately but LOVE the stories that we are privileged to hear :)
100% Amused
Post a Comment