Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Rachel Mary



Rachel made a paper chain tonight to count down the days (36) til Grandma and Grandpa come. She also asks several times a week how long until the baby comes out (37) and how long til her birthday (61).
What would life be like without our sweet Ray? She adores her big sister and loves to make Hannah laugh. When she's not playing with her sisters, she is reading! When she finds quiet time during the day, she picks up a book (a chapter book) and reads intently. Then she sneaks it into her bed so she can read late at night. And in the morning when I go in her room (thinking she's sleeping) I find her propped up on her bed reading (with a huge smile on her face). What a great way to start the day.
She is becoming more independent every day. She continually amazes me. When she likes to do something she really likes to do it--all by herself. She volunteers to do the dishes almost every night! Thursday is her day for making dinner. She likes to make all of the dinner on her own. My job is to direct, but not touch. It's fun to watch her grow!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I can't believe Rachel can read so well! I'll have to tell Ally!