Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween!


Emily the Good Witch and Rachel the 50s Girl


Tinkerbell Hannah and a Cute (but tired) Lizzie

Halloween this year was a little different than previous years. It's not a big holiday here even though it originated here. I heard several people refer to it as the "American holiday." Outside of grocery stores I didn't see any decorations, the candy and costume selections were minimal. Thankfully, I only had to buy Emily's costume, and since I waited until Halloween Day I got it half price!!! (Procrastination pays!)

The girls were very excited to go trunk or treating at our church and collect a few cups of sugar--I mean a few kilograms of candy.

The British might not be big into a holiday for ghosts, but they are big into a holiday (on Nov. 5) where they get to burn effigies in big bonfires.

5 comments:

Carole said...

Rachel and Emily Hollinger were both the cutest 50's girls I've ever seen. Emily Hamilton was a beautiful good witch-- what a lovely costume. We think Hannah makes a cute Tinkerbell "tink" as Sam said. We think we see orange socks on Lizzie-- What a cute baby. So nice to chat today.

Hammy said...

Such cute girls. I'm getting so excited to see them!!

Heather said...

That's funny that Emily was the "good" witch - she is so sweet, it's the perfect costume for her. I can't see her being the wicked witch. The rest of the girls look adorable!

Heather Fairbanks said...

Sara,
The girls look fabulous! What an adventure you are having! I am sorry we missed Jon in Chicago. We're in MI still but Isamu is there a lot. How often does he come back? It was fun to check in and see what you have been up to. Your girls are darling!

Sarah said...

very very cute!