Wednesday, October 31, 2007

What Do I Miss?

Jon's been in Chicago this week for some meetings. Before he left he asked me what I would like him to bring back. (Emily asked for eggs and cheese!) Though I did think of things that I haven't been able to find here, I couldn't think of anything that I have felt deprived of. If I'm willing to pay for it I can have all the things we used in Amercia. One website Americans use here sells things like root beer ($26/12 pk.), Hershey's Kisses ($5), graham crackers ($8), applesauce ($7.70), Apple Jacks ($10) and 350 other items not sold here. I've asked American women living here what they pick up when they visit America. Answers included: cosmetics, kitchen garbage bags, quart-size Ziploc bags, cake mixes, chocolate chips, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, clothes and shoes for school year, Hidden Valley ranch mix, Lipton onion soup mix. Because we're here for such a short time I enjoy discovering the British version of some things or just accepting that I won't have it for a year.
What would you miss if you weren't able to have it for a year?

2 comments:

Carole said...

You ask what I might miss if not able to "have" it for a year--answer: YOU (and your family)

Heather said...

I'd probably miss american television shows. Are many shown there?