Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Warwick Castle and Stonehenge

Lizzie and I bonded at home while the family took an outing to Warwick Castle and Stonehenge. Here is Jon's commentary on the day's adventures:


Warwick Castle was built a long time ago (1068 AD). It was ordered to be built by William the Conquerer, the leader of the Normans, after he defeated the English. Knowing that makes it all more real and meaningful ... somehow.



It is always nice to see the queen. We told her we just had a baby girl and named her Elizabeth. Her expression didn't change much, though. I guess that is one of the traits of a true queen.

When we arrived, the butler gave us a really cold reception. It was really difficult to engage with him ... stiff upper lip and all.

Emily and Rachel look fierce with their helmets. Hannah dreams of a time long long ago when girls lived as royalty, and people catered to her every whim. Wait, that's not a dream ...


Emily and Rachel had to go, but I didn't want to leave the castle to go to the restrooms. I didn't see a problem with using the old castle's toliets ...





And the royal swan followed us everywhere we went. We kept checking, but no golden eggs.


Hannah was still happy after a long day of climbing up stairs and looking out from castle towers.


Emily couldn't help but feed the pigeons ... there are strange, colorful pigeons in England!




As much as people talk about Stonehenge, it truly is impressive when you see it in the flesh ... er, stone.

3 comments:

Carole said...

Great pictures!1 I like hearing Jon's take on the trip. It's so... well, Jon!

Anonymous said...

Awesome journaling! = )
I especially liked seeing the Queen and the butler = ) Very funny!

The Hamilton's didn't take much of a break in seeing the country, huh?!

Glad you got some bonding time though with your new sweet pea = )

Oh! And aren't those pheasants?!

Heather said...

Sounds like Mom and Dad had an excellent time. It looks like a lot of fun!