Wouldn't it be great if every day (ALL day) could be enjoyable? My day was great today...until about 3:50. Em and Ray came home and I was waiting to greet them with loves and kisses. I had the wonderful idea for all of us to go to the library to pick out our movie for Friday night. I loaded the kids in and before I even got in my seat all four were screaming about something. "Oh, well," I thought as I then proceeded to unload the kids from the van and took them into the house. Every evening around 5 I remind myself why Hannah should be taking naps--too many meltdowns! Thankfully, a neighbor with 2 young girls stopped by to see if the girls would like to join them for a walk. I tried to not push Em and Ray out the door too quickly! I was able to tidy up the house (remember those piles I just blogged about?--well my neighbor saw them!) and get dinner on the table with Hannah "helping" and holding a fussy Lizzie. Em and Ray came back and dinner went fine. I had the great idea of us all playing a game together and reading some books. But somehow in getting pajamas on a fight broke out and well, I called it a night. Em, Ray and Hannah were in their rooms ready for bed by 7 and I was trying to calm myself (and Lizzie) down so I could at least say prayers with them.
WHAT HAPPENED??????????
It's nights like these (the fussy baby, the fighting sisters, the whiny 2 year old) that remind me of my weaknesses. I was able to keep a small sense of humor, though, thinking about the last blog, having visions of me 'enjoying' my children but really wanting to escape from them! Maybe tomorrow we'll make it to the library or play some games or read some books???? Next week, the girls are on Fall break--all week! Wish me luck!
5 comments:
Girls fight too? I thought it was just brothers who caused problems. Great.
And I'm sure your nice neighbor didn't notice the piles. (Yesterday a friend took Maren to the park for a few hours and when he brought her back I thanked him and said I had spent the time cleaning. He then proceeds to put her carseat on the floor--on some very visable dirt and leaves that I obviously missed while sweeping. He was polite enough to not say anything about the poor cleaning job.)
Sounds a bit like my day. I can't believe that children act the same ALL over the world :) You are a great mom!! Keep up the good work, don't worry too much about the piles your neighbor saw.... don't you think she has piles too? and if you saw hers would you be thinking about them for more then 1/2 a second? I don't think so (unless to dwell on the fact that yes, we all have piles!) In my last post I spelled thier wrong... then saw it on Emily's spelling list link... just too funny!! You found a pumpkin patch (farm) Good for you! Can we come?
What a day!! Doesn't something like a fight always happen when you are trying to plan something fun and special for the kids? Ignore the piles! Just think of them as making the house look more "lived in".
Thank goodness for neighbors huh? Our neighborhood kids always seem to show up to play at just the RIGHT time. It's so hard to function as a happy involved mom when the house is a mess (at least for me anyway).
oh, and that choo choo place looks awesome! alton would just FREAK if I took him to a place like that :)
Post a Comment