Here's a quick update on where the girls are at:
Loves to go to the farm so she can wear her 'wellies'.
Sadly, the "choo choo train" model village closed until February. Hannah burst into tears the first time I told her. We drive by almost everyday to check to see if the gates are open or closed! The other day she was pretty frustrated that it wasn't opened--she wanted to go in anyway. I told her I didn't have the key so when we got home she went to find a key. It didn't matter to her that this key only opened a Polly Pockets castle!
Loves her baby Lizzie! And yes she is wearing a swimsuit. She is patiently waiting for her dad to find her a swimming pool somewhere in England.
Her favorite show is In the Night Garden with characters with names like Upsy Daisy, Makka Pakka, Tombliboos and Igglepiggle. It's pretty cute when she mimics the voices.
Loves to dance and recently learned how to ride a bike in 2 tries!
Many tears have been shed the last few months when Mom and Dad have asked her to wear warmer clothes. A skirt and short-sleeved shirt with no coat is not appropriate for weather in the 30s and 40s. She told me to just find her fuzzy tights so she can keep wearing skirts in frigid weather! Pants are like a punishment to her! We make deals like, "Wear the pants while we go ride bikes and then as soon as you come inside you can put your skirt back on."
Last week she came home from school and said, "Mrs. Blair said I have to wear 3 layers." And that's all it took! Every night her outfit is laid out and we count the layers--a short sleeved shirt over a long sleeved shirt with a jacket. I laugh every time she comes out of her room with 3 skirts on!
This has taught me who she really listens to. Next time I have any difficulties I'm emailing her teacher to sort it out!!!!!!!!!
Loves to be happy and says great phrases like "straight away", "you're a clever girl" and "when we lived in America".
Lost another tooth and learned the lesson that sometimes the Tooth Fairy is silly and forgets to look in tooth pillows for teeth!






3 comments:
Your girls are so cute. It sounds (and looks) like you had a great holiday. Also seems like that as time goes by, you realize there are more things you can't aquire in England. I love it that Rachel says "straight away". I giggled when I read that. Will you tell me how to format your pictures and text like you do. I have tried doing picture, then text, then pic, etc. and it never works. It always groups my pictures at the top. Maybe you can tell me what I am doing wrong. Take Care!
Wow, Lizzie has her own distinct look! I can't tell who she looks like. They are all adorable. I never knew Rachel was so into skirts! And congrats to Emily on losing another tooth!
The girls are growing up!! I love to hear about their lovely personalities emerging, changing, and staying the same. Emily's hair is getting really long. Does Rachel need some fuzzy tights? What size? Tell Hannah that she can come here and swim anytime she wants. I can't wait to meet Lizzie in person-- she's gorgeous.
Post a Comment