Showing her Chicago spirit for Sports Day at school. She's a good big sister and loves to plan activities for the family. She was an awesome helper at Rachel's b-day party last week. She was usually 2 steps ahead of me as to what needed to be done.
My little Hannah's growing up, but only when she wants to. She's a big girl when it works to her advantage, but when it's time to clean up she claims she can't because "I too little."
Lizzie's one! She likes to smile, say "Hi", call me "Bup" and Jon "DAD!!!". She gives the sweetest hugs throughout the day in between her tantrums which include throwing her head back into the chair, the hard wood floors (that are throughout our WHOLE house), the church pew, the stroller, the wall, etc.
HI!! I find myself daydreaming about my relaxing days in England where I was always looking forward to our next trip. (I don't think I did much else!) Life has returned quickly back to what it was before our move: chasing after the busy young ones, volunteering in the school, baking treats, cleaning the house (again!), painting the girls' blue room pink, slowly redoing the yard (so far 15 huge piles of what I've taken out), still settling into the house and reading when I can.
Jon's been missing lately when the camera's out. Hours at work are long and traveling has increased a bit. Which also means my hours are long and it explains a little about my absence from the blogging world. I'm no longer looking for when life will settle (it won't), but I'm trying to balance what I can.




6 comments:
Where's Ray? Give her up? Had too many dirty looks on the size of you family? YOU KNOW I"M KIDDING-- RIGHT?!! I had a fabulous conversation with her just the other night. LOVE that girl. LOVE You all-- you look great by the way (no clothing budget and all!)
Love the brown walls in the background-- did you paint or did they have good taste?
Cute family. Tell your baby that her cousin also throws tantrums but instead of throwing her head back on the wood floor, she bangs her forehead on it. Lovely. Happy Birthday, Rachel.
By the way, those little girls are SO BLONDE! Adorable.
It's great to read an update on your guys! I haven't talked to you in forever!
So fun to see some new pictures. The girls seem so big. I can totally relate with Hannah and Lizzie. James pulls the "I too little" line on me ALL the time. Drew also throws his head around when he doesn't get what he wants...doesn't matter it is one the tiled kitchen floor. I'd love to see more pics of your house. Props on doing the budget thing. Seems like you can't escape costs in California. I thought it was interesting that you said you miss your England days. Looks like you guys are doing great, despite Jon being gone a lot. :)
Post a Comment