Check out this website that shows what Jon and I support as well.
On Saturdays we go out (with the girls) and pass out information and (#1) encourage people to vote, (#2) explain what Proposition 8 is and (#3) find people who are for Prop. 8 as well and encourage them to help out with talking to others or display yard signs. I love watching the girls run from door to door and then after we've talked to someone ask: "So was that a yes or no, Mom?" Seeing them reminds me after I've heard too many NOs why I'm doing this. I want them to be able to live in a society that honors marriage as something special.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is also working with other churches and organizations in California trying to get the proposition to pass. It's really close right now. I saw a sign on the way home from church today that said "Love Thy Neighbor: Vote No on Prop. 8" and another sign that said "Equality for All: Vote No!". When I see these signs I think of Isaiah 5: 20-"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
And then I think, "Oh right--I live in California now."
Want to learn more? This website has some great information on it and has organized much of the effort here.
3 comments:
Way to get out there and hopefully make a difference. Earlier this week I had looked up a website about people supporting the proposition and was sad to see around 41,000 people had joined the effort. Hopefully that number will grow and grow in the next few weeks.
Wow. Good for you. That is so crazy, scary. Nice to see you post! (I suppose I ought to myself sometime!) All our friends there are busy trying to do similar. Good luck!
Great to see a post from you. I am do proud of you getting out there and making a difference for our families. LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment