Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update on Prop 8

Just found out there's a website asking for people to volunteer info on Mormons who support and have donated to the "Yes on Prop 8" campaign. The list is thought to be used for harrassment purposes. No, I didn't check to see if we made it to the list.
Jon and I met people who are in favor of Prop 8 but declined to display a sign for fear of what would happen to them. We've been told to take down our signs at night because they're being stolen. (One person just doubled the amount of signs he put out each time one got stolen!)
Why is my freedom of speech less valued? I didn't attack all the people who have told me no when I've been out walking. I thanked them for their time and let them have their own opinion.
I'll keep you posted over the next few weeks. Add this one to your prayers.

2 comments:

Tiffster said...

Free speech is only for people you AGREE with...and it's NOT hate or discrimination, because you're WRONG.

That's what I hear anyway...

Carole said...

We are not allowed to put signs up on our property (it's owned by the government!) but I have for the first time EVER put a sticker on my car. I have not seen the list. You are in our prayers as ALWAYS!!!