Monday, July 30, 2007

July 21 Continuing to Adjust

Em and Ray dancing on their kitchen stage
Our things left on a ship shortly after we did and we finally have our things as of a few days ago! It was like Christmas morning around here opening up boxes--being reunited with long lost and very missed material items. I missed my bed the most and all my pillows. The weather has pretty much stayed in the 60s so it was very nice to have warmer clothes and jackets. The girls' playroom was quickly filled to capacity with toys and crafts. We were happy to have our food storage arrive as well--we celebrated by having PBJs, mac 'n cheese and Cheez Its.

It's funny how little things have become very exciting, like when we find things we took for granted in America. Shopping trips are taking less time because I am learning the new names of things and recognizing the different packaging. It took several trips to find cream cheese (soft cheese), Parmesan cheese (Italian cheese), hot dogs (Frankfurters located in some secret section in the store), whipping cream (many varieties with various functions), bleach (I miss Clorox), Ben and Jerry's (we have 6 in our freezer that is soooooooo small, but I feel I filled it with the important stuff) and other very simple items that make life good.

No comments: