


Our first European adventure was a trip to Rome. Jon had a 3-day conference there, so the girls and I tagged along.

The downsides of Rome?
- it was HOT
- air conditioning was minimal
- the city is dirty and not kid friendly
- bathrooms are hard to find and far apart (very important for little girls and pregnant moms)

- Did I mention it was HOT?
The great things about Rome?
- Our hotel had a swimming pool.
- the Colosseum (the girls loved to hear the stories of the gladiator and animals fights that went on inside)
- the Vatican Museum had cool mummies
- the Sistine Chapel (I laid my camera down on the ground and in my excitement of telling the girls about Michelangelo I left it there—luckily, someone turned it in!)
- St. Peter's Basilica (which houses the Pieta)
- cheap taxis
- great pizza and lots of gelato
- the Pantheon
- the zoo (we needed a break from looking at buildings)
- night time entertainers in Piazza Navona


No comments:
Post a Comment