Our village is very quaint and lovely to walk around--to me it's the epitome of an English town. I use walking trips to the village as entertainment for me and the girls--visit the toy store, stop into the bakery, go to the library, go to the post office, grab some food for a picnic at the corner grocery store (no fast-food around here). My 'real' shopping is done at the big American-like stores (one store and get it all done!) that other cities have thankfully welcomed: a Walmart-owned store called Asda, Costco (with real Oreos!) and Tesco (I opt for this one because it has the most beautiful drive) and IKEA (tears came to my eyes when I walked in!).
We go everywhere with our GPS named Jane. She has become one of the family members and we all talk to her. The girls question if she knows where she's going if I don't like the directions she's giving. They also imitate her and will come back to the States with great English accents when they need to say things like: "At the end of the road turn right," "Take the exit," "Go around the round about," and "You have reached your destination."
No comments:
Post a Comment