I usually put little love notes in the girls' lunches, but my creative juices were running low (there are only so many different ways can I say "I love you" and "You're great!"), so in looking for little lunch notes (and another) I could print out I saw a website that suggested putting in jokes. I had to get some help from some joke websites because the only joke I can remember laughing at as a girl is:
Q. What was the last thing that went through the bug's mind as he hit the car windshield?
A. His butt!
You'll be happy to know that one didn't make it to the lunch boxes. But, most of the jokes I read on websites weren't all that funny.
Q. Why do fish swim in salt water?
A. Because pepper makes them sneeze!
Do you have any better ones for me?
5 comments:
Q: Why did Mozart get rid of his chickens?
A: Because all they would say was, "Bach! Bach! Bach! Bach!"
I think that is a great idea for lunches. :) I was going to tell you and never did, that I loved the "ebay your bad days" email. haha! It was hilarious. Wish I could make some mad cash like that...maybe in a few years.
Abby and Emily liked your butt joke but I think only because it contained the word butt and that you and I both said the word butt! I know this because after the laughter Emily said "I don't get it". Then I had to describe it and then it wasn't so funny until I said that word again!! Abby still really likes knock knock jokes. You'd have to fold the paper and put the punchline inside to make it more dramatic!
Knock Knock
Who's there
Who?
Who Who?
Who let the owl in.
Gotta love those girls!!! I like your friend's Bach joke though!
Are you switching things up on us?? Like the new design... though I did think I had typed in the wrong blog address at first. Keep us on our toes!
Can you tell I got bored yesterday? Or I just wanted to really ignore the messes I could have been picking up!
"His Butt" is a lot nicer than the way I always heard it, which was "CRAP!" So, needless to say my joke vocabulary is probably not appropriate for your sweet girls!
Post a Comment