Every few months someone comes by to check out the house we're renting and asks if anything needs to be fixed. I hand off a list, people call, people come by, things get fixed! It's wonderful!
Today, it was our hot water that got fixed. Ever since we moved into the house we have all complained about how HOT the water is. We have all been burned by the HOT water also. I mentioned it last time someone came by to check the house. She told me to do a couple of things. They didn't work. I think hot water is a British thing because everywhere we go the water is HOT. On Saturday at the movie theater there were warning signs in the bathroom because the water had only one temperature--HOT. We're good at adapting, though--the girls have learned to only use cold water at home and wash quickly with hot water in public. In a way the hot water is convenient--it doesn't take long to boil water and I can sterilize anything with our HOT tap water.
Long story continues...
The heater man found a switch that had been turned on (because we were told to switch it on) that continually heats the water. He checked the temperature of our water--176°!!!! The switch is turned off and our water should be back to a normal 120° by tomorrow.
1 comment:
ooohhh!! I LOVE HOT WATER and really miss it... we have our water heater turned down as to not have our children burned.. but I really miss it! I take showers with NO cold. It's really nice. I miss it.
Post a Comment